forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht  
FAQFAQ Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base SuchenSuchen KarteKarte KalenderKalender FotoalbumFotoalbum RegistrierenRegistrieren ProfilProfil LoginLogin

Octane Selector

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht -> Adv - Technik - 950er (Motor!) Beiträge der letzten 24h (nach Forum sortiert)
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
ReneVDBOffline
Asphaltcowboy

Beiträge insgesamt: 64

BeitragVerfasst am : So, 22. Jun 2003, 20:56    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi All,

In my quest to optimize the LC8, I have tried out the following thing: I 'unplugged' blink the Octane selector cable, to select the ignition program for low octane fuel (below 95), although the fuel I'm using is high octane (9Cool.

For now I only performed a 2-minute test-drive, and the bike performs a lot smooter from 2000 to 6000 RPM. sleep
I suppose (hope) that the ignition program will be retarded a bit to avoid pre-combustion of the fuel mixture.
I also read that the output is going to be lower: less than 98 HP (85 perhaps?) unsure
Are there any people that have enough technical background to explain what changes? huh

ohmy Is there any reason why this should not be done ?

I will try out to use the bike in various situations the coming week. I will try to keep you posted with my practical findings.

Ciao, René
Brussels - Belgium
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen 
ReneVDBOffline
Asphaltcowboy

Beiträge insgesamt: 64

BeitragVerfasst am : Mo, 23. Jun 2003, 20:02    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

ReneVDB hat folgendes geschrieben:
Hi All,

For now I only performed a 2-minute test-drive, and the bike performs a lot smooter from 2000 to 6000 RPM.  sleep ...
ohmy Is there any reason why this should not be done ?

Hi again,

So my limited test shows the following:

* not that much less power, the bike can get upto high revs. Rolling Eyes
* not much smooter except that the bike does not 'knock' that much. Sad
* the 'GAP' between 3000 and 4000 is the same or worse than before Mad

I will have to revert to the normal position again. Sad

P.S. What I reported earlier about higher fuel consumption is NOT true: the left gas tank leveler was still closed...
Acutally, this consumption is not high at all: 11 liters on 160 KM is about 6.8 KM/100

Zuletzt bearbeitet von ReneVDB am Mo, 23. Jun 2003, 21:10, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen 
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht -> Adv - Technik - 950er (Motor!) Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Beiträge der letzten 24h (nach Forum sortiert)

Gehe zu:  
Rechte