forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht  
FAQFAQ Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base SuchenSuchen KarteKarte KalenderKalender FotoalbumFotoalbum RegistrierenRegistrieren ProfilProfil LoginLogin

Coolant foaming problem

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht -> Adv - Technik/Reparatur Beiträge der letzten 24h (nach Forum sortiert)
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
claferalOffline
Speichenputzer
Beiträge insgesamt: 21

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 4. Mai 2004, 9:13    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Folks,

I have a problem with my ´04 950. When I open the radiator, it is not full of water. There is a empty of about 25-55cm3 of water and debris.

Then I put water into the radiator till it is full again. When the engine is hot all water I put goes to the expansion tank, but it doesn´´t return to the radiator when the engine becomes cooler.

Can anybody help me about this problem? Where does the debris come from?

Thanks a lot of
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 
SchradtOffline
Site Admin

Beiträge insgesamt: 7003
KTM LC8 Adv 950 S, 2003
 →  156.000 km
KTM LC4 620 SC, 2001
 →  6.000 km

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 4. Mai 2004, 9:48    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

The coolant level has to be about 2-3cm beneath the cap.

What do you mean by debris? Does it disappear after 10 Minutes riding at full speed?

Meine Webseiten zur LC8:
http://schradt.net

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Schradt am Di, 4. Mai 2004, 9:49, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen 
ktm-pilotOffline
Sponsor
Sponsor

Beiträge insgesamt: 2182
1. KTM LC8 Adv 1000, 03/05
 →  87.000 km
2. 1190 ADVENTURE R
 →  14.000 km

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 4. Mai 2004, 10:15    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hello claferal,

why do you have bouhgt an new LC8 (´04) was the ´03 not longer useful? Very Happy

Last year you´ve written in a similar case.

I´ll hope for you, your Problem is not the headgasket.

CU HS

Spassss kost, Reife Sprit und Kupplung
ADV1000 -->89,1KW
BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 4. Mai 2004, 16:55    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

The old engine blew up. It was changed for a '04 one.

Debris? When I open the radiator cap I find a black foam over the coolant like a black dust or powder.

Thanks

GertOffline
Fahrschüler
Beiträge insgesamt: 1

BeitragVerfasst am : Do, 13. Mai 2004, 7:13    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I have the same problem. After a few hundred miles the coolant turns very dark. I believe it is the head gasket. I assume that riding wide open on the Autobahn for a period of time would show the symptoms people here have talked about, but I live in the US, and there are way too many state troopers around here.

I have also noticed coolant escaping from the expansion tank, and recently it looks like the bike is sweating oil from somewhere around the oil filler hole. The dipstick is screwed in thight, so I assume it is coming from the 90 degree fitting with the breather hose that is located next to the dipstick. As there is no vent for the oil tank, I fear that over pressure in the tank escapes that way.

To me that sounds like the head gasket (Kopfdichtung). The dealer has talked to KTM USA and they are "not aware of any problems with head gaskets on the 950's" . My bike is a 2003 model.

Opinions ?

Thanks,

Gert
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht -> Adv - Technik/Reparatur Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Beiträge der letzten 24h (nach Forum sortiert)

Gehe zu:  
Rechte