forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht  
FAQFAQ Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base SuchenSuchen KarteKarte KalenderKalender FotoalbumFotoalbum RegistrierenRegistrieren ProfilProfil LoginLogin

clutch problem

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht -> Adv - Technik/Reparatur Beiträge der letzten 24h (nach Forum sortiert)
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Noise DataOffline
Speichenputzer

Beiträge insgesamt: 27

BeitragVerfasst am : Mo, 19. Apr 2004, 1:13    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I noticed when waiting at the red light... I had it in first gear, with the clutch lever pressed... of course the bike should stand still.. but it didn't... it was moving a bit... then I tried it back home on the centre stand. Again, the rear wheel flies with let's say 30% power even if the clutch lever is engaged fully...

I also noticed that it is harder to get the bike into neutral... let's say I stop from moving at the red light... it normally goes to neutral... when waiting for the green light i than change to the first and wait a little bit, it slowly starts moving and creeping forward... at that point it is difficult to get it back to neutral... first, second, third no problem, neutral so-so...

Otherwise, I checked the slave cylinder and the bolts were OK. We bled the clutch system --- there was a small amount of oil missing and the oil that was still there was very very dirty (black). So at first we were very happy as we thought that changing the oil will solve the problem. Too bad, it didn't (as some of you have already experienced with your bikes)

So now they are changing the plates tommorow. Let's see what happens...

Maybe regarding that: in the shop there is brand new GO!!!! 2004 bike that has a very similar problem -- the effect is the same (doesn't shift back to neutral, it creeps forward), yet the cause is supposably the leaking sealing somehwere on the oil pump which drives the oil from the clutch back UP to the oil canister... so all the oil was remaining in the clutch, which was driving the plates forward... they get the sealing in wednesday and hopefully this will solve the problem on this particular GO!!! ...

Yet we have cheched the oil level in mine (in the canister) and it's normal. We'll see when we open the clutch cover tommorow...

Any ideas -- there must be some ideas I hope as many people have the same problem (see http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread....t=32037&page=2) ....

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Noise Data am Mo, 19. Apr 2004, 1:16, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen 
Noise DataOffline
Speichenputzer

Beiträge insgesamt: 27

BeitragVerfasst am : Mo, 19. Apr 2004, 22:18    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Spent 5 and half hours today at the dealers... first surprise - when we took out the plates they were OK, yet ONE plate was 2,3mm instead of 2mm wide. Even though they are the same width in the service manual... ?!?!?!?!? Anyway, we first changed that. Result: the same problem.

We moved on and took apart the system: slave cylinder and the rod that goes through the bike to the other side to the gasket... we noticed that there is some wear on the pushrod and that it is quite different from the 2004 one. We have tried couple of things regarding the mechanics and nothing improved the situation. It is almost certain that this problem has nothing to do with the hydraulics of the clutch system!

So, at the moment we are stuck with two more or less possible (logical) reasons for the problem:

- there is a problem with the proportion of oil in the oil tank vs. oil in the lower part --- the pressure pump that brings the oil from the oil tank might have a problem with the sealing ring which would effectively mean that there is too much oil in the oil sump, making too much pressure and thus driving the system forward and turning the wheel...
the reasons this might be the real problem are
a) if you rev the engine above 3000 rpm the wheel stops turning and you can easily shift into neutral (which would mean that pump sucks the oil back up in the tank faster and clears the oil sump)
we have exactly the same problem on a NEW bike (GO!!!!)... the mechanic at the dealer's found a piece of a sealent ring (o-ring) in the oil and it is from the pump... that would mean that with this new one there is a problem as the o-ring was broken already in the factory and with mine the ring has decayed probably to this stage when the problem is still little (as it still "holds" mostly, only in neutral under idle the suction pump spits the oil back in the oil sump)... that would also mean that as my o-ring gets worse the problem would get worse, resulting in barbasma's case where the oil level drops significantly (till the warning light flashes) and when he revs up the oil level in both parts (oil sump and oil tank) gets proper...

- also, there could be the problem with the needle bearing -- if there is some dust or chip of iron stuck in there the symptoms could be the ones we have...

ALSO, CHECK THIS OUT: the latest SERVICE info from KTM has something to do with pushrod wear. WHICH MEANS THAT KTM EXACTLY KNOWS THAT THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS YET OFFICIALLY IT DOESN'T EXIST. IT MEANS THEY ARE WORKING ON IT TO REPAIR IT BUT THEY ARE AFREAID TO TELL... We have called two times to the factory and they denied it... and then at the third call we have managed to arrange that official KTM mechanic from the factory from Austria comes tommorow to see our two bikes...

So, the story continues tommorrow...

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen 
Guest_OstMarkus
BeitragVerfasst am : Fr, 23. Apr 2004, 23:40    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi
Just read about your problem with the clutch. I've the same problem right now. Did you find out, what the reason was?
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht -> Adv - Technik/Reparatur Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Beiträge der letzten 24h (nach Forum sortiert)

Gehe zu:  
Rechte